I was tagged by Marc who blogs over at the Garden Desk in a meme called “7 Random Things About Me”.
Marc speculated that he didn’t think I was the meme type, but do you think that stopped him from adding me to his list… of course not!
So here are seven random things about me:
- I grew up in Washington D.C. and always planned to head south if I ever left town. Somewhere along the way I must have made a wrong turn because I wound up in the lovely state of Pennsylvania, where I now live, work, and grow heirloom vegetables.
- My suburban garden is nice and relatively secluded, but one of my goals is to one day purchase a farm. I’m not planning to farm it in the traditional sense, just a place with organic gardens, fruit trees, pets, and a connection for the computer.
- I hate to admit it but I have a serious case of Master Gardener envy. While I love to garden, I’m not a certified Master Gardener. Hopefully I’ll attain that accomplishment, but until then I’ll have to allow my Master Gardener friends to gloat and rub it in.
- One area where I have been licensed and certified is in accounting. I’m a CPA and work as an Internal Compliance Auditor, my job is interesting and it pays the bills, but I always look forward to escaping to the relaxing activities of tending to the garden.
- When its time for a little adventure or excitement a 1991 Honda VFR motorcycle is my means of leaving everything behind. I enjoy riding motorcycles but don’t get a chance to ride as often as I would like to, and yes I do wear a helmet.
- I noticed that several of the garden bloggers that are participating in this meme are vegetarians. You can add me to that list, I’ve been a vegetarian for over twenty years and that’s another reason why organic veggie gardening is such a good fit for me.
- And the final random thing that I’d like to share with the universe is that I do not do memes… Nope, Never, Ever, Ever! Well okay, make that ONE meme in my entire blogging career… and That’s It!!!
Okay, I’m done. As far as tagging seven other people, I thought I’d share the pleasures with some gardening friends including a few of the newer sites and bloggers that I’ve taken notice of recently. Here are seven lucky gardeners that I nominate for this meme:
- Joe’s Garden
- My Grandpa’s Garden
- The Inadvertent Gardener
- LJR Enterprises
- Dirt Sun Rain
Here are the rules for the newcomers to this meme:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.
That’s all there is to it, and if you don’t do memes that’s perfectly okay, neither do I!
Other Related Vegetable Gardening Posts: