The annual Pennsylvania Home Show in Harrisburg began last weekend and runs through this Sunday March 4, 2007.
This is the first of a number of spring expos and events in the area that attract the interest of homeowners, backyard gardeners, and others interested in shifting their attention from the passing winter to the approaching spring season.
The PA Home Show is being held at the State Farm Show Complex on Cameron Street in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. This weekend’s hours are 10 AM to 9 PM on Saturday, and 10 AM to 6 PM on Sunday.
Gardening Seminars and Lectures
This year’s event doesn’t seem to offer as many gardening seminars as in the past, but if you’re in the area Saturday’s schedule includes the following gardening presentations:
- Tropical Treasures for Inside and Out – Kathy Quarles of Country Market Nursery will discuss ideas for creating and using container gardens to add color and an exotic atmosphere to your home and garden space.
- Designing with Native Plants – Laura Danko from the Gardenscape Design and Consultation Company will cover landscaping design fundamentals and share tips for obtaining and including native plants in the backyard landscape.
- Expand Your Options with a Hobby Greenhouse – Jay Stanton form the Central PA Chapter of the Hobby Greenhouse Association will show how useful a hobby greenhouse can be when it comes to getting a jump on the growing season, or even for growing your favorites year-round.
- Cutting Edge Plants – George Weigel, garden columnist at The Harrisburg Patriot-News will present information regarding the latest new plant introductions to enliven your garden and backyard this summer.
Home Gardening Exhibits and Vendors
In addition to the gardening seminars the following types of exhibitors and companies will be on hand with information and displays of interest to the home gardener:
- Deck, Patio, and Fencing Contractors
- Landscaping, Nurseries, and Lawn Care
- Lawn and Garden Equipment Dealers
- Sunroom and Greenhouse Suppliers
- Water Gardening Professionals
So if you’re in or close to the Central Pennsylvania area this weekend and looking for something to do, swing by and take in some of the displays, seminars, and events at the 2007 PA Home Show.
Other Related Vegetable Gardening Posts: